Online application forms available from:
Hokonui Rūnanga Kaupapa Taiao (Environmental arm of the Hokonui Rūnanga) is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person to be part of a proactive team in the taiao space. This role is contributing to capacity building within the rūnanga and increases the rūnanga ability to practice and exercise kaitiakitanga and rangatiratanga. HRKT represent the membership of the Hokonui Rūnanga in all environmental matters within the takiwā of the Hokonui Rūnanga and carry out the following activities:
- Resource Management
- Mātauranga Māori/Environmental Science
- Science and Innovation
- Kaitiaki of te ao tūroa and taonga species
- Community engagement and education
- Policy and procedures
- Promote whānau wellbeing and upskilling of Ngāi Tahutanga
The HRKT is offering a Full Time/Fixed term salary for 3 years for the right candidate.
The role would be assisting the HRKT team with the day to day running of the unit, and the many projects within the organisation. HRKT will assist the successful candidate delivering workstreams and also plan a career pathway and develop necessary skills for future employment. Depending on the candidate, duties would include.
- Supporting the Taiao teams in administration tasks such as diary organisation, task creation, note taking, minute taking.
- Assist the Kaitiaki Whenua Manager with any administration tasks.
- Communications internally and externally about events, workstreams, promotions through various media including social media, pānui, and external portals. Artistic abilities would be beneficial. Accompanying the Taiao team through events and workstreams and reporting back which may include photo, videos, writing briefs.
- Accompany the Taiao team with fieldwork where applicable and accompany the Kaitiaki Whenua Cadets from time to time.
- Full License (or working towards)
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Computer and social media skills